BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The guest responsible for booking the accommodation must be over 18 years of age.
- To secure your booking full payment is required at the time of the booking. We do not accept provisional bookings so please do not make a booking unless you are in a position to honour it. We accept most major debit/credit cards.
- We are able to refund cancelled bookings more than 28days prior to arrival. In the event of late cancellations or no-shows, we do not offer any (either full or partial) refund.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation of your booking by us – if we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have to cancel before the holiday is due to start – you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid. You may also choose alternative dates.
- Guests self check-in at Braeside Retreats. There’s a key safe at each pod and you’ll be sent the code a few days before arrival to let yourself in.
- Check-in is from 4pm. We ask that guests don’t arrive early so we have time to prepare. We are unable to accept check-ins after 10pm.
- Check out is up to 10am. Leave your keys in the key safe outside your pod. Late checkout may incur additional charges if not arranged in advance.
- We strongly advise you to take out the appropriate travel insurance so you can have peace of mind that your costs will be covered, should you need to cancel your stay for any reason.
- Braeside Retreats reserves the right to enter and inspect the pods at any time. If a pod is left in an unsatisfactory condition or deliberately damaged in any way, we reserve the right to charge costs to the payment method on booking.
- Pods must be left as clean and tidy as when you found them, we expect guest to observe a basic level of cleanliness during their stay. The kitchen area including dishes should be left as found on your arrival. If the pod is left in an unfavourable state you may be subject to an additional cleaning charge.
- Be aware that at certain times of the year important jobs need to be carried out on the farm, such as slurry spreading and harvesting silage. These are vital to our working farm but sometimes cause smells and some noise (but are quite fun to watch!). There will be sheep and cows in the fields surrounding the pods at certain times of year. Please respect the animals with regards to dog handling and do not try and approach or feed the animals. We observe a strict pets policy, please read in the YOUR QUESTIONS section of the website. Owners who act irresponsibly with their dogs around our stock will be held accountable and may be asked to leave.
- We work on the farm for most of the day and are present on the pod site daily. If you need anything please contact us using the contact information available in your information booklet in the pod, or on the website.
SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE SITE – Braeside Retreats is situated in a rural Highland location so there are areas of uneven ground, natural hazards, unmade paths and limited lighting. Please therefore take special care to avoid accidents. We strongly recommend that if you plan to venture out round the site in the hours of darkness you should bring a torch to assist you to try and prevent any accidents.
BEHAVIOUR – You are responsible for the behaviour of all members of your party. Please show consideration to other guests, our staff and our location. Noisy or disruptive behaviour, wilful damage to the location or accommodation or other behaviour considered buy our staff to be inappropriate may result in us asking you or a member of your party to leave the location immediately. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right to claim compensation for damages or inconvenience caused. The park is family friendly and we ask all guests to respect this and to adhere to a quiet time from 10pm in the evening.
CHILDREN – Children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times in the accommodation, on the park grounds. Please ensure your children are supervised at all times and make sure you always know where your children are. Please take special care to ensure that your children are supervised by a parent or guardian when using the playpark equipment or at the fire bowl area. Safety of your children is paramount so please be vigilant and adhere by site policies.
HOT TUBS – Please ensure you read and follow all guidelines regarding hot tub use. Any damage to hot tubs caused by misuse will be charged for.
SMOKING – Smoking is strictly prohibited in all properties and shared amenity areas. Removal of smoke odours in buildings is extremely difficult and we reserve the right to evict any guest who we suspect is smoking or drug taking in any of our properties. Charges will be made to the guest to cover costs of any cleaning, deodorising and any loss of future rental revenue, which may occur as a result of smoking within a property.
DOGS – Some pods allow dogs. When booking a pod, you MUST inform us at the time of booking if you wish to bring a dog. Please ensure that dogs are provided with their own bed. Pets are not permitted on furniture or beds. Guests will be liable for any damage caused or extra cleaning that may be required and you will be charged for this accordingly. Pets must be kept on a lead at all time and all dog waste must be collected. There are dog waste bins located on site. Dogs must never be left unattended in the pod.
COMPLAINTS – It is important to us that you enjoy your holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the event of any concerns with your property, we will want to take action as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be resolved as soon as possible. It is extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to sort out difficulties unless told promptly. Under no circumstances will any refund be considered if we have not been given the opportunity to rectify any problems during your stay. Regrettably we are unable to accept any complaints that are raised after departure.
WEATHER – At times we will experience adverse weather conditions. We cannot be held responsible for travel disruptions resulting in non-arrival because of bad weather.
VEHICLES – Each pod will allow parking for one or two cars. Please DO NOT park on the grass or in such a way that you are obstructing access to other pods.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY – Your property will be inspected after departure. You are responsible for the actual costs of any breakage or damage found in the accommodation along with any additional costs that may result. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any guest for any just reason. We reserve the right to evict offensive persons or pets. No refunds will be made. We reserve the right to make charges against credit cards or to invoice for damages.
DEPARTURE AND CLEANING OF PROPERTY – On Departure you agree to leave your accommodation clean, tidy and undamaged. The following basic level of cleanliness is required on departure. Cookers and ovens clean and fat –free. Crockery, cutlery, pans, glasses washed / dried and put away. Obvious spills and stains removed. Any equipment / furniture moved during the let is restored to original position. Bins emptied. Failure to meet this standard will result in a cleaning charge.